So, Eid-ul-Adha is gone and here comes my favorite time of the year when you gotta eat a huge variety of meat dishes lol. Though I am more like a veggie person I do love cooking meat dishes.
Okay, my husband had been asking me to make namkeen karahi gosht since after Eid. Thus I, being a person who had never come across namkeen karahi gosht, took help from Google and thankfully it rescued me. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe that I followed and it turned out super delish. So, here you go:
Peshawari Namkeen Karahi Gosht
- Mutton : 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes (large) : 4 (slice each tomato into 4 pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder : 1 teaspoon (heaped)
- Cumin seeds (dry roasted and crushed) : 1 tablespoon
- Corriander seeds (powdered) : 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala : 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt : according to taste
- Ghee : 3/4 cup
- Butter : 2 tablespoons
- Ginger and green chillies (thinly sliced) : for garnishing
- Water : as required
- Heat ghee in a wok and add ginger garlic paste. Fry for 15 seconds.
- Now add mutton and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- When mutton changes its color, add salt and 2 cups water.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for half an hour.
- Add tomatoes and cover again. When mutton is almost done and water dries up, remove the tomato peels and add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, crushed cumin seeds, and corriander powder.
- Saute on high flame for 5-10 minutes until oil separates.
- Now add green chilies, garam masala, sliced ginger, and butter. Give dum for 5 minutes.
Ready. Serve hot with chapati 🙂 .
Try this recipe today and let me know if you like it.