You all might come across the name of a wonder plant Aloe Vera. Due to various benefits of Aloe Vera it’s gaining more popularity these days. This is a common plant which can be grown in your kitchen gardens or balconies. The method of extraction is very simple . You just need to cut the outer leaf into pieces and then extract the gel inside the leaf.
Aloe Vera is a stem-less plant that has fleshy leaves. The flesh of the leaves has a gel-like consistency and is used to treat skin, hair, gut problems & helps in weight loss.
It has antioxidants that help detoxify and cleanse your body, boosts metabolism and vitamins that helps in proper functioning of the body. According to the latest scientific research, it has been proved that Aloe Vera provides around 35 health benefits.
In this post, I will describe certain benefits of Aloe Vera juice.
The amino acids and enzymes in aloe vera boost up your immune system and increase your resistance power against bacteria. Thus, when it is applied on skin, it helps to reduce acne.
ANTI INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES
Aloe vera has a combination of acids, which decreases inflammation. It contains vitamin E which repairs the damaged cells and in turn decreases swelling as well as soreness of acne.
Aloe vera contains magnesium, which helps to decrease the pain caused due to acne breakout. Apart from magnesium, this contains a special fatty acid called lupeol which is painkiller. If you have an unbearable pain due to pimples, then apply aloe vera gel immediately to the affected area. If you are suffering from burning skin, aloe vera acts as a great pain relief agent.
There are some more benefits which I would like to add here:
- Aloe vera detoxifies the body
- Hydrates the skin
- Lowers the high cholesterol level
- Supports immune system
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Improves hormonal balance in females and improves fertility
- Soothes arthritis pain
- Protects the body from stress
- Prevents kidney stones
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Strengthen gums & promotes strong & healthy teeth
- Heals the intestine & lubricates the digestive tract
- Prevents & treats Candida infections
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Helpful in curing blisters, insect bites, allergic reactions, eczema, burns, inflammations, wounds & psoriasis.
I am sure you might have been amazed to read lots of benefits listed above..:)
HOW TO MAKE ALOE VERA JUICE AT HOME
- One large aloe vera leaf
- A sharp knife
- Small bowl
- 3 cups water.
- Cut one large & healthy leaf from your Aloe plant. You can gently pull them off too.
- Remove the outer thorny layer of the leaves with the help of a sharp and pointed knife. This step will expose the latex of the leaves.
- Cut the latex of the leaf with the same knife and scoop out the inner clear aloe vera gel with the help of a small spoon.
- Put the gel into a small bowl.
- For making juice, take out 2 tbsp of the gel and put it into a blender. Add 3 cups water and blend it on low setting for 3 to 5 min.
- Pour your juice into clear glass; you can add 1 tsp of lemon juice or grated ginger to add extra flavor to the juice.
You can consume this juice early morning on an empty stomach…drink this juice everyday for at least one month to obtain healthy results !!
This is a guest blog post by Miss Nausheen Shaikh, she is a Nutritionist/health coach & writes blogs on healthy diet & Lifestyle. You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram ,Twitter and Pinterest. She has recently launched her facebook group to raise awareness regarding nutrition related topics.