I hope you guys had a lovely weekend. I was little busy so couldn’t post for a couple of weeks. But now I am back 😊 .
Well, I love desserts and I love dessert making even more. Coming to the point, this post is going to be about one of my favorite desserts which is extremely easy to make yet very delicious. I’m talking about Banofee Pie. The original recipe belongs to Aban Arsalan, who herself is a blogger, a great chef and a beautiful person inside out. The recipe was officially published in Tasty Treasures (Volume 1) by Karachi Chefs at Home.
Without wasting your time, here you go:
- Bananas (sliced diagonally) : 4-5
- Digestive biscuits : 1 pack
- Butter : 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
- Cream : 1/2 + 1 1/2 pack
- Brown sugar : 1 cup
- Grated chocolate or cocoa powder : for topping
- Make caramel sauce. For this, melt 1/2 cup butter in a sauce pan and add brown sugar. When sugar starts melting, add 1/2 cup cream and mix well. Stir continuously until desired consistency.
- Your caramel sauce is ready. It should be thick and sticky. Let it cool.
- Crush digestive biscuits and add butter. Mix until well combined.
- Layer the crushed biscuits and butter mixture in a serving dish and let it refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat chilled heavy cream for good 5-8 minutes until soft peaks are formed.
- Now take out the dish having having biscuit layer and put sliced bananas over the layer.
- Pour the prepared caramel sauce over banana layer.
- Now spread whipped cream on top and garnish with grated chocolate or cocoa powder.
- Serve chilled. Ready !😊
Thank you Aban Arsalan for letting us know the way to such a yummy treat. 💖